add

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Warren Buffett Quotes

I was lucky to have the right heroes.
Tell me who your heroes are and I’ll tell you how you’ll turn out to be.
The qualities of the one you admire are the traits that you, with a little practice, can make your own, and that, if practiced, will become your habits.


"If history books were the key to riches, the Forbes 400 would consist of librarians."

"The financial calculus that Charlie and I employ would never permit our trading a good night's sleep for a shot at a few extra percentage points of return. I've never believed in risking what my friends and family have and need in order to pursue what they don't have and don't need." 

"You do things when the opportunities come along. I've had periods in my life when I've had a bundle of ideas come along, and I've had long dry spells. If I get an idea next week, I'll do something. If not, I won't do a damn thing."
 
"The fact that people will be full of greed, fear or folly is predictable. The sequence is not predictable"  

"I'd be a bum on the street with a tin cup if the markets were always efficient"

if you do not understand how a company makes money, do not buy its stock- you will always end up loosing money

When a management team with a reputation for brilliance tackles a business with a reputation for bad economics, it is the reputation of the business that remains intact.   

Much success can be attributed to inactivity. Most investors cannot resist the temptation to constantly buy and sell."

If you're an investor, you're looking on what the asset is going to do, if you're a speculator, you're commonly focusing on what the price of the object is going to do, and that's not our game."

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 STOCK IDEA:        Apollo Pipes Ltd 349.00 AROUND 325 ITS A GOOD BUY FOR LONGTERM   ...